Grilled Lemon Chicken is zero points which are, of course, one of the most important things but even more important to me is the fact that it tastes great with a light lemon flavor and full of juice so it’s not that dry texture in your mouth. The chicken is simply marinated in the lemon juice for only 15-20 minutes. Any longer than that and you run the risk of the lemon acids starting to cook the chicken.
0 Weight Watchers Points
Grilled Lemon Chicken
I always suggest using fresh and plump lemons to squeeze your own juice. This recipe only needed two lemons to complete. I love my Oxo Lemon Juicer. It is double sided and can handle both small items like limes and larger like grapefruits or big oranges. The top holds the seeds while the juice falls into the ready to pour container below which includes some markings for measurements. It makes squeezing lemons a breeze. Remember to roll your lemons around firmly before juicing to get the most juice out of each lemon.
I used the grilling instructions that I found on Weber Grill’s site. The recipe found there sounds wonderful as well but I was just after the proper cooking times. According to the grill’s site, you grill the chicken breasts over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once or twice. Once it’s cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes. I cooked mine 5 minutes on each side and let it rest under foil for 5 minutes. It turned out perfectly cooked.
You can eat it right away for dinner with some veggies or use it in a salad or another dish for a zero point addition that’s both filling and good for you. More recipes that you might like are below:
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 3 or 4)
- Juice from 2 large lemons (about ⅓ cup or so)
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Place chicken into a ziplock bag and add the lemon juice. Rub it around to coat all of the chicken.
- Refrigerate 10 - 20 minutes to marinate. (No longer or the acid in the lemon juice will start to cook the chicken.)
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the grill by spraying it with cooking spray. Heat the grill with lid closed on medium heat to approximately 400 degrees.
- Once the chicken has finished marinating, discard the bag with any remaining juices. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breasts over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the meat is firm to the touch and no longer pink in the center, 8 to 12 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
Additional Recipes You Might Like