I love chili and when the days start turning into Spring, I reach for Instant Pot White Chicken Chili. It’s so easy to make and 0 points which makes it a favorite. If you decide to add the sour cream or avocado, that brings it up to 1 point, which for me is fine as long as I have the extra point to spend that day. The radish and cilantro are 0 points so you can add as much of that as you like.
Weight Watchers Points 0
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is so easy to make. You saute the onions and green chilis and then just pressurize for 40 minutes. What could be easier than that!
Other Recipes You Might Be Interested In:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ large onion (or one small)
- 2 4.5 oz cans green chiles, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups dried great northern beans, rinsed and sorted
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb frozen chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped (optional garnish)
- 4 sliced radishes (optional garnish)
- 2 Tbsp light sour cream (optional garnish)
- 1 ripe avocado (optional garnish)
- Freshly ground pepper.
- Press the saute button on the instant pot and give it a few minutes to heat up.
- Add oil, onion, green chiles, cumin, and oregano. Saute for approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, beans, and salt.
- Add the chicken and push it down into the broth.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Press manual pressure, set to high for 40 minutes.
- Natural release for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts, shred chicken with two forks and stir back into the soup.
- Add the lime juice and stir to combine. Taste to see if it needs more salt.
- Serve with a few radish slices, avocado slices, dollop of sour cream, cilantro leaves, and a grind of pepper.
Additional Recipes You Might Like