I was browsing through an old edition of Cooking Light that I had and saw a recipe for risotto. I thought, “I’m going to turn this into an Instant Pot meal.” In the magazine, they had this as the main dish, I like risotto as more of a side dish at about 1/2 cup per person. It’s a little pricey at 5 points per serving but it’s a great treat. Risotto is so creamy and delicious. You are going to love Instant Pot White Cheddar and Bacon Risotto.
Weight Watchers Points: 5
Instant Pot White Cheddar and Bacon Risotto
My son and husband loved it. It tastes very much like a loaded baked potato, except it was creamy like risotto. It makes the perfect side dish to a chicken breast that has 0 points so you have room for the 5 point risotto. Everything cooks in the pot so clean up is easy as well.
Other recipes you might like:
Please let me know how much you liked it in the comment section below.
- 2 bacon slices, diced
- 1¼ cups onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ cup white cheddar, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- Set the Instant Pot on Saute/More. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for approximately 5 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add onion to the Instant Pot. Saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, stir to combine with the onions.
- Pour in the wine and continue cooking to deglaze the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes until evaporated.
- Mix in chicken broth, frozen peas, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper.
- Seal the Instant Pot. Set on Manual / High Pressure for 9 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Remove the thyme stems. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Top with a sprinkle of bacon and green onions.
Additional Recipes You Might Like