I love going to Starbucks in the morning. I get hot tea and often one of these egg bites. They are tasty and filling but they are also very expensive. I found several copycat recipes to make Instant Pot Starbucks Egg Bites and have been able to reduce the point count by reducing the cheese just a bit, using 2% cottage cheese vs whole and adding a bit more of the veggies that are free. These bites come out fluffy and delicious with way fewer points than the original. The original is 5 points a bite, while these are only 1. Enjoy those 4 extra points on a cookie after eating your Weight Watchers Friendly Egg Bite!
Weight Watchers Points: 1
Instant Pot Starbucks Egg Bites
There are a few items that are necessary to make this. You will, of course, need an Instant Pot that is at least 6-quart or the 8-quart model. Another must is an egg bite mold. I use the Upgraded Egg Bites Molds for Instant Pot because it has a silicone lid that can go right in the pot vs using foil and the real shining start on this is that it’s got handles to lift it out of the pot without burning yourself once they are done. You will also need a good blender, a blender is necessary to make the egg mixture light and fluffy. You’ll also need a cutting board and a good sharp knife and if you are grating the cheese yourself, then a cheese grater.
Once you have everything diced up, you are ready to begin. First, the eggs, Monterey jack, and cottage cheese go into the blender along with some salt and pepper to process on high about 30 seconds. Then you will add the veggies and pulse a couple of times. That’s it! Fill the egg bite molds and there shouldn’t be much if any of the egg mixture left once they are filled.
Place the trivet that came with the IP into the pot along with a cup of water. If you use the Upgraded Egg Bites Molds for Instant Pot then you can put the silicon lid on top, attach the handles and lower it into the pot. If you are using another brand of egg bite molds, you will need to seal the top with foil and gently lower everything into the pot, careful not to spill over in either case.
Instant Pot Starbucks Egg Bites are really easy to reheat once they are made, which is just what Starbucks does. If you keep them in the refrigerator, they will last a week. Pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds and it’s ready to eat. If you want to keep them longer, you can put them in the freezer and they will be ready to eat after about a minute and a half in the microwave.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Rich and Creamy Rice Pudding
- Lucious Scrambled Eggs with Scallions and Tomatoes
- 4 egg(s)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup 2% reduced fat cottage cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers (packed in water), chopped
- ½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and insert the trivet that came with your pot inside.
- In a blender, blend together the eggs, Monterey jack cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the green onions, red peppers, and spinach to the blender and give it two quick pulses.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between the mold wells. Cover with the silicone lid (if you use the suggested mold) or tightly with aluminum foil.
- Lower the silicone mold into the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and be sure that the vent is set to sealing.
- Press the Steam button and set the timer to 10 minutes. (It generally takes about 5 or so minutes to come to pressure before the10 minute countdown will begin).
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10-minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure before opening the pot.
- Remove the silicone mold from the Instant Pot. Allow the egg bites to cool for a minute or two before removing from the mold.