Until about 11 years ago, I had never heard of Chicken Shawarma, now it’s a go to in our house. With the Instant Pot, you can make it in just a little bit of time so it’s quick and easy. What takes the most time is marinating the chicken, and that’s only 30-minutes. While the chicken marinades, I just chop up all of the veggies and get them ready so you don’t even notice the time passing by.
Weight Watchers Points: 6
Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma Bowls
The first thing to do is get the chicken marinating in the lemon juice and spices. While that is sitting in the refrigerator, you can chop up the vegetables and get them ready. Once the vegetables are all chopped, I’ll mix up the yogurt/tahini sauce. I usually put the rice and chicken stock into the Instant Pot while the chicken is marinating as well, just to get that step out of the way. Once 30 minutes have passed, you can put the chicken into the Instant Pot and get everything cooking.
My family loves this and it’s perfect for lunch or dinner. You can mix up the vegetables if you want and add something that is your favorite. This would be a perfect meal to make ahead of time and take to lunch.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Starbucks Egg Bites
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- Juice from 2 large lemons (save 1 Tbsp. for the yogurt sauce)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup 0% Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the marinade in a plastic bag with the chicken. Stick in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine the Yogurt/Tahini Sauce mix and set aside.
- Put rice in the Instant Pot and add the chicken stock.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the rice in the Instant Pot.
- Put on the lid and seal. Set the Instant Pot using the Rice function.
- Quick Release and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Stir the parsley into the rice.
- Divide the rice equally between 4 bowls, add a quarter of the chicken, vegetables, and yogurt/tahini sauce to each bowl and serve.
Additional Recipes You Might Like